Bublup Terms of Service
Thank you for your interest in Bublup!
1. Who Can Use the Services
You must be at least 13 to use Bublup and a real person – no fake accounts please!
To use the Services, you must be able to form a legally binding contract with Bublup. By using the Services, you affirm that you are: (i) at least 18 years of age, (ii) an emancipated minor, or (iii) at least 13 years of age and you received the consent of your parent or legal guardian. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use the Services. When you create a Bublup account, you must provide accurate and complete information.
2. Rights Bublup Grants to You
We would love for you to use Bublup, but you must be nice. Please don’t try to break Bublup, don’t do anything illegal, and don’t be mean to other people.
Bublup grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use the Services in accordance with these Terms. In other words, you may only use the Services as expressly permitted in this agreement.
With certain features, you can save web links, images, videos, text, and other materials (referred to as “Content”) to access at a later time, publish in a Roll, or share with others. You are solely responsible for this Content. You shall not, at any time, use the Services to save Content that is illegal or infringes the privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights of others. And you shall not use the Services to bully, harass, intimidate, or defame anyone. For more information about the Content you may use with Bublup, please see “Bublup’s Acceptable Content Policy” below.
You must also respect Bublup’s rights, meaning you shall not:
- use Bublup’s logo, trademark or branding without Bublup’s prior written consent;
- distribute any part of the Services without Bublup’s prior written consent;
- attempt to alter, break, circumvent, disrupt, reverse engineer, or gain unauthorized access to any part of the Services;
- attempt to manipulate or influence any part of the Services;
- use or launch any automated means (including scripts, bots, crawlers, spiders, and scrapers) to create accounts, access, or use the Services;
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with any prohibited conduct and activities;
- use the Services to send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including by “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- use the Services to promote or advertise products or services other than your own without appropriate authorization;
- abuse referrals or promotions to get more storage space than deserved;
- sell access to the Services;
- share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk;
- use the Services to develop a product or service that is competitive or similar to the Services; or
- use the Services in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
3. Rights You Grant to Bublup
You are solely responsible for the stuff you save and share on Bublup. Make sure you have the legal rights to do these things. When you put stuff on Bublup, you give us certain rights that we need in order to follow your instructions, like when you ask us to save, publish, and share your stuff. We can also remove any content that is illegal or violates our policies.
Much of the content on the Web, including text, images, and videos, is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. When you use the Services to save Content to your account (referred to as “your Content”), you are solely responsible for that Content. Solely for the purpose of providing the Services to you, you grant Bublup a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, perform, and distribute your Content.
4. Bublup’s Acceptable Content Policy
There are some things that we just don’t want on Bublup. If we find something that’s illegal, hateful, or harmful to others, we will remove it.
Content that is PROHIBITED on Bublup
Content that is generally allowed on Bublup
Sexually exploitive / abusive content.
When we detect content that sexually exploits people, whether adults or minors, we will remove it. We will also report any content depicting or encouraging sexual abuse of minors to law enforcement authorities.
No acceptable alternative.
Hard to define, but we know it when we see it. We’ll remove or hide any content that you share publicly if it comprises explicit sexual activity or people in sexually suggestive poses.
Gratuitous or physically harmful content.
Historic, newsworthy, or resourceful content.
Hate speech, discrimination, and bullying.
Critiques of public figures.
Promotion of illegal or regulated goods.
Descriptions of illegal or regulated goods.
No acceptable alternative.
Fan and commentary accounts.
5. Third-Party Terms
Bublup has a lot of useful features, some of which are the result of integrations with third-party service providers. For example, we integrate the YouTube API Services so that you can save links to YouTube content and later view that content without leaving Bublup. Services like YouTube have their own terms of service, and by using Bublup, you agree to also be bound by those third-party terms. We will provide links to applicable third-party terms of service here.
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms
6. Plans, Fees, and Payments
Some of our plans cost money. When you sign up for a paid plan, you agree that we can automatically charge your credit card each month until you cancel. If we change our prices, we will give you plenty of notice, but it’s still up to you to cancel.
7. Feedback You Provide
We greatly appreciate your suggestions on how to make Bublup better. Unfortunately, we can’t compensate you for your ideas.
8. Copyright Policy
We respect everyone’s intellectual property rights, and we work hard to comply with corresponding laws. If you believe that your content is being misused or was mistakenly removed from Bublup, let us know as described in more detail below.
Copyright Infringement Notification
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”) specifies rules for proper notification and takedown of infringing Content. In accordance with these rules, if you are a copyright owner and believe that any Content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Bublup to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Bublup to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner which is the subject of the complaint is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please note that Bublup may not consider your DMCA notice if you do not include all of the above information. Our Copyright Agent may be reached at email@example.com or:
Attention: Bublup Copyright Agent
1000 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22209
You may also submit DMCA notices using our online form (when available).
If you believe that your Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to save and use the material in your Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to Bublup’s Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court in Fairfax, Virginia, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringe
If Bublup’s Copyright Agent receives a counter-notice, Bublup may send a copy to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice, at Bublup’s sole discretion.